Simple & low-cost, thermal imaging system designed to automate body temperature screening to help improve safety in manufacturing & facilities.
This is a simple and low-cost complete thermal imaging system designed to automate body temperature screening using skin temperature as a proxy. With ±0.3°C (±0.5°F) accuracy and the inclusion of a reference heat source, Seek Scan delivers the same performance as an infrared temporal thermometer – but automated from a safe social distance.
The system can be installed in lobbies, hallways and other key access points to help manufactures, businesses, institutions and venues reopen a safer environment for their workforce, customers, members and patrons. Easy-to-install and easy-to-use, the system can be up and running in minutes with no special equipment or training. Additionally, this can be integrated with access control and video management systems using our APIs available to integrators.
How It Works
This industrial thermal scanning system is specifically designed and calibrated to deliver accurate skin temperature measurements while enabling social distancing protocols. In seconds, the system automatically detects a face, identifies the most reliable facial features for measurement, and displays an estimated body temperature. A visual and audible alert is provided if someone is warmer than the customizable alarm temperature.
Unlike typical industrial thermal cameras, this was developed for precise temperature measurement and maximizes accuracy by referencing a fixed heat source with a known temperature value. The patent-pending heat source allows the system to achieve much higher accuracy than a standard thermal imaging camera designed for industrial use. Any system that does not have a reference heat source does not follow new FDA guidelines published April, 2020, despite manufacturer claims. Further, these guidelines require the system to measure only one subject’s temperature at a time. Many systems on the market today measure multiple people in a scene.
This process provides an additional layer of preventive screening and can deliver more peace of mind to businesses, institutions and participants.
- Fast, automated screening – In seconds, the system detects a face, finds the most reliable spot to measure and displays a pass/fail alert.
- Meets FDA guidelines – Seek Scan meets the accuracy specification, includes a reference heat source and is made for single person screening.
- Enables social distancing – Delivers the same performance as a temporal thermometer – but with a safe social distance.
- Email Notifications – Receive an email notification every time someone measures above the customizable alarm temperature.
- API Integration – Send alarm events, trigger access control and video management systems, pull and present historical data to integrate multiple Seek Scans into one enterprise solution.
- Affordable – Affordable thermal screening system that meets FDA guidelines for initial body temperature assessment during the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency
Complete Kit Includes:
- Thermal imaging system w/ camera & fixed heat source
- Camera USB-A cable
- USB drive with thermal scanning software
- Quick start guide
- Laptop with Windows 10
- Laptop stand so you can place your system where it is most efficient
- 2 Professional grade Tri-pod stands
- Quickly test employees & guest for elevated temperature
- Automatic alerts you if someone is trying to enter you facility with an elevated temperature
- Complete kit includes everything you need
- No-contact / non-invasive screening
- Easy to setup and very effective – start screening in minutes
- Automatically scans for a face in the camera’s field of view
- 1-2 second evaluation time to keep lines moving quickly
- Manufacturing facilities & warehouses
- SMB & large businesses
- Hotels & restaurants
- Venues, theaters and arenas
- Nursing homes
- Schools & daycare
Skin Temperature vs Body Temperature
Thermal scanning measures skin temperature as a proxy for body temperature.
Here are a few things to know about skin temperature measurement:
Skin temperature is typically a few degrees less than body temperature. Similar to an infrared temporal thermometer, this system uses skin temperature to provide an estimated body temperature.
It is programed to measure the most reliable parts of the face to produce the best results with high accuracy.
A person’s skin temperature may vary based on a variety of circumstances such as ambient temperature, sweat and eyewear. For this reason, it is intended for indoor use only and in environmentally controlled rooms.
Distance is critical to performance. We recommend marking the floor with tape or decals to ensure all subjects are measured from the exact same distance and while positioning the subject next to the heat source.